Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lazy Dog Day

Instead of doing lots of work in the backyard we did a little something different. Pep, my mom, and I all went for a walk on some school grounds. The school has quite a few unused acres and is practically empty on weekends. My mom takes Pepper to play there pretty often with his dog friend Maggie. Maggie is a German Short Hair Pointer and is built like a small pony. My mom has once remarked, "That is one big bitch!" The dogs love to romp around the big grassy space. There are little thickets for Maggie to hide in. Pepper has the upper hand on the grass but Maggie is so tall that she has the advantage in the thickets.

Here they are last year in the little snow.

They are such good friends!

 Maggie loves treats more than Pepper, believe it or not. If you don't believe me you should have been there today. She picked the plastic bag of treats out of my mom's pocket and ate it. Plastic bag included. Apparently she has done this more than once and the bag will "pass"... Gross!

Lazy dog!
After we had a great time at the park Pepper and I took a rest. Look how cute he is on the couch. We did do a little weave and jump work today. I am also now working with my uncle's dog Minnie. I'm teaching her the electric fence and how to walk nice a leash among other basic commands. She already knew sit and we worked on drop it today. She loves tennis balls. Drop it seemed like the best way to go. I hope to get some photos of her tomorrow and obviously a Week 3 Update Video for Peppy!

On another note, I had my first final today. Went pretty well and don't expect my others to be so terrible. I'm trying to study a lot so I'm sorry about not posting the Week 3 Video today!

No comments:

Post a Comment